- Interactively customizing the interface
- Processing mesh information with Data Channel
- Projecting textures with Blended Box Map
- Editing position animation with Motion Paths
- Configuring Arnold for performance and compatibility
- Optimizing render time with Arnold settings
- Lighting with Arnold
- Applying a filter to an Arnold light
- Shading with the Arnold Standard Surface material
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Aaron] Hello, I'm Aaron F. Ross, and I'd like to welcome you to 3ds Max 2018 New Features. In this release of 3ds Max, a lot of the improvements are actually under the hood. The program is more stable and efficient than ever and the user interface has been overhauled to make it more responsive and customizable. This course touches on three main areas of the new version, interface, content creation, and most significantly, the new rendering engine known as Arnold.
We'll see how to shade and light scenes with Arnold and optimize its settings to balance render time and quality. This course also covers the most important new features that were introduced in the 2017 updates such as the Data Channel Modifier which extracts and processes mesh information such as curvature and the BlendedBoxMap for texture projection without UV layout. I think you'll be pleased with the new features of 3ds Max 2018 so let's begin exploring.