Transform a view without affecting the camera.
- [Instructor] Sometimes you'll need to zoom in…on a particular area in a camera frame…without losing the camera's position,…rotation, and field of view parameters.…To accomplish this, what you need is 2D Pan and Zoom,…which will be our final view port…tip and trick for the course.…This feature works with a camera,…and you can see I've got a camera loaded in this panel.…This is Camera 004.…I've also got Safe Frames enabled for this camera.…
We'll talk more about that later,…but Safe Frames crops the view port…to the aspect ratio of the camera,…and anything in this gray area is not going to render.…Let's turn on 2D Pan and Zoom.…That's done from the View Port menu…in the Plus Sign menu, 2D Pan Zoom mode.…When I activate 2D Pan Zoom mode,…the area outside the frame suddenly becomes visible.…We also now have a new entry in the menu here…that says 2D Pan Zoom is at 100%,…and the icon and the view port controls…in the lower right corner is activated.…
You can enter 2D Pan Zoom…from this fly-out as well if you wish.…To manipulate the view port,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.