- [Announcer] In this video, we're going to set about…modeling the drive shaft assembler.…And we're going to do this by focusing first of all…on the piece that connects to the main hub.…Breaking it down into something almost like…a cross-section, or a slice.…And then, look at building it up from there.…Let's select the high poly reference geometry then.…Enter "Isolate Mode."…And then zoom into the piece that we are interested in.…Which, as I say, is this piece…that connects to the main hub.…To save time, you will notice that…over in the "Layer Explorer" panel,…we have a "Guide Objects" layer,…which, because this was hidden…when we entered Isolate Mode,…we simply need to unhide it.…
If we then move our reference geometry down a little,…and we can see that we have a guide cylinder in the scene,…that can help us make the cuts that we want.…Let's just right click to cancel that move,…so that our reference geometry stays where we need it.…Now for information purposes,…this cylinder started life off…as a plain old eight-sided primitive,…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.