- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome to our Game Asset Creation: Stylized Wooden Crate training course. My name is Joel Bradley, and I'm really looking forward to working through this game-centric course, in which we will be modeling, unwrapping, and then texturing a very simple game asset, that we will then take into the Unreal 4 Engine, along with the substance texture that we will be creating in the substance designer application. In Chapters One and Two, we will start by taking a quick look at a simple piece of concept art, that we will use to break our modeling and texturing tasks into the major components, or Bs, that we will want to work through.
And then, we'll dive straight into the modeling process, putting quite a bit of focus on learning smart ways to actually model our assets. In Chapter Three, we will look at some techniques to help quickly unwrap and then UVW map our completed mesh object. And then in Chapter Four, we're going to move into Substance Designer, where we will texture up our asset, adding both Stylized Diffused textures, as well as Adjustable Edgeware Art Damage.
Finally in Chapter Five, we will look at importing our asset into a game level, and applying the finished substance to it. If you are ready to get going on our Game Asset Creation: Stylized Wooden Crate training course then, let's go ahead and dive on in.
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.