Animate position forward and back.
- [Instructor] To make the camera move forward…in a pleasing dolly shot on a long and diagonal line…relative to the world grid,…once again we'd want to parent the camera…to a dummy or helper object…and that's what I've done here.…If we're not moving the camera vertically…we might want to take the step of making…the vertical axis non-key-able as well.…I'll do that. I'll select the camera…and go into the Curve Editor once again,…and we want to be displaying the objects that are selected…so 'filter objects selected' is on…and 'filter animated tracks' is all off.…
And in the list we have our position and rotation tracks…Now I need to know which axes I'm going to animate in,…so let's check.…In the main view port,…select the camera…and choose the 'move' tool.…And in the reference coordinate system pull-down…choose 'parent'. Position values are calculated…relative to the object's parent,…and with the 'move' tool selected in parent mode,…I can tell that the axis I want to move in is…the parent's 'y' axis.…
And for a dolly that's not moving side to side…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.