Change frustum size and disable lens breathing
- [Narrator] The physical camera permits…the enabling or disabling of the target at any time,…and as I mentioned earlier, you may want…to have a target in some applications,…and no target in other applications.…If you do choose to use the camera target,…on a physical camera, there's one thing…I wanted to show you just to look out for,…and that is a lens breathing effect…that can happen when the camera target is very close.…Select the physical camera, and with it selected,…we can see the frustum, or the cone, of its field of view.…
Now over in the modify panel, we can turn targeted on,…and now the target is a separate object or gizmo…that we can select in the view port,…and if it doesn't refresh, we can just…play around with this target distance spinner.…Click and hold the mouse and drag up and down,…and that caused the display to refresh,…and now I've got a box, I can…select that target and move it.…If we move it in the default view coordinates,…in the top view, then we're simply panning.…
Sometimes we want to move the target closer…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.