- [Instructor] With the low poly modeling…for this section of the model complete,…time to move onto our UVW mapping.…Now, ideally, of course, we would probably want…to take care of mapping before…creating any copied pieces of geometry, as we have here.…In truth, though, this will be such a…simple process in this instance…that the time difference involved will be negligible.…Again, though, you should feel free…to develop a workflow that suits you.…As we won't be needing the high poly geometry…for this particular exercise,…let's select both the low poly frame…and wheels in the view port,…exit, and then reenter isolate mode,…which will leave us with just the low poly geometry…on which we can work.…
Now, in order to make unwrapping…as easy as possible, we may want to make…a couple of tweaks to the existing topology on our geometry.…For instance, as we take a look…at the frame portion here, we see…that we have a couple of large ngons…on these cylindrical pieces…that could potentially get in the way…when creating UV seams for the mesh,…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.