Step backward in the view Undo history.
- [Narrator] To undo the movement of a camera,…you'll need a different command depending upon whether…you're undoing the movement…of a camera object or a viewport.…In 3ds Max viewports such as perspective,…top and left, are not objects.…And changes to the viewports are not recorded…in the scene undo buffer.…But rather viewports have their own separate undo mechanism.…To illustrate, I'll go over to PhysCamera001…and that's an actual camera,…and move it slightly with the middle mouse button.…
I've just changed the position there.…And if I want to undo that, I'll use Control Z,…or these buttons on the main toolbar here.…And that's pretty straightforward and obvious.…All right, I'll do another move…just with the middle mouse button…position that a little bit.…And then also I'll make a change…to the Perspective view here.…Maybe I'll select this terrain…and use Alt and middle mouse to orbit.…
Or maybe zoom in with the mouse wheel.…Now let's say I want to get back to the framing I just had…in the Perspective view.…If I click the Undo button…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.