Export FBX models
- The game exporter dialogue allows you to easliy…save out a model or animation to the FBX format…without having to fuss too much with all the many settings…in the export dialogue.…Before you save out to a FBX,…you will want to bake any procedural textures.…This coffee table originally had a substance texture on it…and FBX wouldn't recognize that…so I baked it out to a standard bitmap…using the render to texture dialogue.…We don't cover that in this course,…but we do cover it in other courses.…
But in any event you need to bake out all of your textures…before you get to this point.…Cool, so we can go now up into the application menu…and choose export, game exporter.…In the exporter dialogue, we have two tabs.…You can save out the model…or you can save out the animation applied onto the model.…We're gonna save the model in this movie.…You have some controls here for managing presets,…there is already a preset in here called Model Default.…If you change some settings down here…you wanna save that,…then that's what these presets are for up here.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.