Use Voxel and Heatmap solvers for initial Skin weight
- [Voiceover] To finish our chapter…on modeling and animation,…let's look at a rigging tool…built in to the skin modifier.…We have the ability now to weight the skin…using voxel and heat map solvers.…And this will bypass the ordinary skin envelopes completely.…And it could accelerate your workflow…because it allows you to quickly and easily…establish new initial vertex weights…on the skin character.…We'll go ahead and add a skin modifier to our character.…
Select the body mesh,…go to the Modify panel,…and from the modifier list, choose Skin.…We need to add the bones.…here we go in this Parameters rollout.…You'll see Bones + Add.…Click on that Add button.…In the dialogue that comes up,…we want to select the hips and all of its children.…We can click on the arrow to expand a little bit…of the hierarchy here.…When I click hips, I only select that bone.…I want to select all of its children as well.…
Go up to the Select menu,…and enable Select Children.…That is going to stay on from now on,…so if I click on something,…all of its children will be selected.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.