- [Voiceover] As you will probably have come to expect,…the unwrapping process that we will use here…will be the same as before and so hopefully,…by now, it is starting to become second nature to you.…Now, of course, each project we work on is different…and so requires us to adapt our workflows a little bit…but having a quick default approach to unwrapping…that we try first of all and that works well…in the majority of cases can benefit us greatly…when it comes to speeding up our work on a project.…
With our low poly mesh selector then…let's come into isolate mode and add UVW map…and unwrap UVW modifiers to it.…Jumping in to edge sub-object mode on the unwrap,…let's click to select an edge on the inside…of the original cylinder and hit the loop button.…This should shoot all the way around our mesh…which unfortunately is not the result we are looking for…and so, let's come into our top view port…and, holding down the alt key,…deselect everything on the outside…but stop short of deselecting the two edges…that run across the front of our extra detection.…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.