- [Instructor] In this particular exercise…we're going to set about doing what will…probably be the simplest UV Unwrap of the entire course.…To dive into that,…let's select our low poly mesh,…add both UVB map…and unwrap UVB modifiers to the stack,…come into edge sub-object mode,…only unwrap modifier,…and then click to select…any of the horizontal edges…in the middle of our mesh.…We can loop the selection all the way around…using the loop command.…
And then, modify the selection a little…by holding down the control key…and clicking to select…both of the edges that run up to the top of the object…and then do the same for those…running down to the bottom.…We want to do this…on each of the corners…as this is going to ensure…that we can basically flatten our geometry out…into two halves.…Once we have the edges…of all four corners selected,…we can come to the peel rollout in the command panel…and convert our selection…into seams,…and that's it.…
We just need to come into polygon sub-object mode now…by pressing the 3 key,…click to select a polygon,…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.