- [Instructor] Okay, in this particular video,…we're going to set about unwrapping our track.…And so, just like on other areas of our mat,…we want to think about where the seam's are going to lie.…Let's add UVW map, and unwrap UVW modifiers,…to our geometry then, and jump into edge sub object mode…on the unwrap modifier.…Now we could select any one of the edges…that run along the width of our track.…Loop select them, and then add a UVC.…And that will be perfectly fine…because we would then unwrap the entirety of the mesh.…
Thinking about how we might want to use the track object,…though, it is very likely that we would want…to put an animated texture on here,…and so the geometry itself isn't going to move.…Because of this, the camera will most likely…be seeing the top of the track mesh most of the time.…With that possibility in mind,…what we're going to do is select…one of the bottom inside edges, one that is going to be…hidden by all of the wheel and frame meshes,…that we'll set in here.…And then we want to loop select it.…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.