To be able to enter new data in your datastore, you need to have a form where the user can enter the values. In this video, learn how to design a Create page using Bootstrap.
- [Instructor] Now, let's create a new component … which we are going to use to add new trips … to our trips list. … For that, let's go to visual code. … In here, go inside the ClientApp, … then Source, Components, Trip. … In here, create a new file named Create.jsx. … To create a component, we need to import the React … and the Component from React library. … Then next, we'll just write in here export class, … create, which extends the component base class. … In here, let us create a constructor … where we are going to pass the parameter props, … then, we'll just write in here, super(props). … Now, for the create view we are going to have a form … where we will have four fields. … We are going to use these fields … to send an object to our API end point. … So, let us create the initial state of these fields. … For that, we just write this.state, … and then this is equal to, … this state will have a name property, … which is defaulted to just an empty string, … then we have a description, …
- Setting up the app infrastructure
- Creating data models
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting API endpoints
- Testing API endpoints using Postman
- Reading data from React
- Adding new data from React
- Handling errors
- Implementing Redux in an existing React app
- Implementing authentication in your React app
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing App Secrets in .NET Corewith Ervis Trupja28m 15s Intermediate
1. Setting Up the App Infrastructure
2. Setting Up Web API
3. Getting Started with React
4. Implementing Redux to an Existing React App
5. Implementing Authentication in Your React App
Where to go next44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.