After you add a new entity to your data storage it is important that the users are able to see the data. In this video, learn how to create a Read endpoint used to display all of the data.
- [Instructor] We know how to add new trips, … but we still cannot get a list of trips … so we know which places we have visited. … For that, we need to go to our controller, … so we can create a new API endpoint … to get the list of trips. … In here, go to Controllers, and then TripsController. … Just before the AddTrip, we are going to add … a new API endpoint, and since we are requesting … for the data, we are going to create an HttpGetRequest. … Now if we want, we can name this HttpGetRequest. … So let's see, this is going to be a GetTrips. … Now, down here write, public IActionResult, … we're going to name the method GetTrips. … What this method does? … Is that, it will get a list of trips, so let's see … var allTrips, … this is equal to, we are going to use the injected service, … so _service.GetAllTrips(). … After we get the trips, we need to return them, … so we're just going to write return ok(allTrips) … and then semi-colon, now since the name of the HttpGet URL … and the name of the actual result is the same, …
- Setting up the app infrastructure
- Creating data models
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting API endpoints
- Testing API endpoints using Postman
- Reading data from React
- Adding new data from React
- Handling errors
- Implementing Redux in an existing React app
- Implementing authentication in your React app
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing App Secrets in .NET Corewith Ervis Trupja28m 15s Intermediate
1. Setting Up the App Infrastructure
2. Setting Up Web API
3. Getting Started with React
4. Implementing Redux to an Existing React App
5. Implementing Authentication in Your React App
Where to go next44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.