Having secure applications is really important. One of the key features when securing apps is to know who has access to what. For that, you can authenticate users, so not everyone has access to the whole system. For authentication, you can use the Auth0 library. In this video, learn how to configure it in a React app.
- [Instructor] We have setup all the features in our app. … Now the users can add, update, delete and view … all their trips. … But we still do not know who the users are. … For that, we are going to use Auth0 … to implement authentication. … So let us go to https://www.auth0.com … to setup the Auth0 account. … Now in here, if you don't have an account, … you can signup for a free one by clicking … this Sign Up button. … I already have an account, so I'll just log in. … For that, go to Log In button, and then in here, … I can either use my credentials if I have created … an account using email and password, … or I can use one of the providers. … So I'll use GitHub because I signed up … using my GitHub account. … And now you see that I'm redirected to the dashboard … of the Auth0. … Now in here, we need to first create an application … that we are going to use to authenticate users … from our app. … For that, click the Create Application button, … and then provide a name. … Let's name this app WebAPIReact, …
- Setting up the app infrastructure
- Creating data models
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting API endpoints
- Testing API endpoints using Postman
- Reading data from React
- Adding new data from React
- Handling errors
- Implementing Redux in an existing React app
- Implementing authentication in your React app
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing App Secrets in .NET Corewith Ervis Trupja28m 15s Intermediate
1. Setting Up the App Infrastructure
2. Setting Up Web API
3. Getting Started with React
4. Implementing Redux to an Existing React App
5. Implementing Authentication in Your React App
Where to go next44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.