Prepare to test all of the API endpoints that you created during this chapter.
- [Instructor] So we created the API endpoints … that we need, but before we consume them … from the React app, let us test them … using a tool named Postman. … But to do so, we need to first run our application, … so let's go to Visual Code. … In here, to run the app, right-click … and then go to Open in Terminal. … And then write in here: dotnet run. … So we see that the app was compiled successfully. … Now let us copy this URL and go to the Postman. … Click the plus button up here … and then paste the URL down here. … Then write: slash, API, slash, the controller name, … which is Trips, and then slash, … GetTrips, to get all the trips. … Make sure that you have selected in here the get … because we want to send an HTTP get request. … So let us click the Send button. … And, in here, we see that we get a list of trips. … What if we want to get a single one? … To get a single trip, we need to change the trips … to Trips/SingleTrip … and then provide, after slash, a trip ID. … So I'll just use the ID One …
- Setting up the app infrastructure
- Creating data models
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting API endpoints
- Testing API endpoints using Postman
- Reading data from React
- Adding new data from React
- Handling errors
- Implementing Redux in an existing React app
- Implementing authentication in your React app
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing App Secrets in .NET Corewith Ervis Trupja28m 15s Intermediate
1. Setting Up the App Infrastructure
2. Setting Up Web API
3. Getting Started with React
4. Implementing Redux to an Existing React App
5. Implementing Authentication in Your React App
Where to go next44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.