The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Adam Wilbert. And I'd like to welcome you to Office 365: Access Essential Training. In this course, I'll walk you through the things that you need to know in order to leverage Microsoft's newest version of the relational database program access. We'll start by taking a look at what makes a relational database work. And how moving your information into Access can help make you more efficient with your time and with your data. Then we'll break the database down into it's major components. And look at how each one, contributes to the whole. We'll build tables to store our data and attach rules to help minimize data entry errors, in order to ensure that our data remains consistent and reliable.
Next, I'll introduce queries, a powerful way to find filter and sort your data in order to reveal exactly the information you need precisely when you need it. With forms, we'll create the main interface to your database, we'll build custom interactive elements with buttons and combo boxes to help us populate our database with data. And move around to accomplish different tasks efficiently. Finally, reports will help us create a structure for printed documents and allow us to easily share insights about our data. Throughout this course, I'll share tips and tricks to keeping your database secure, backed up, and integrated with the other programs in the office suite.
In short, it's time to make your data work for you instead of the other way around. So thank you for joining me in Office 365: Access Essential Training. Now let's get started.
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.