The general expense screen is where you can enter all of the miscellaneous expenses related to the project. Customized tax percentages, overhead, and markups can also be added.
- [Instructor] The next screen we're going to look at … is the General Expenses, let me click on that. … Now General Expenses for most contractors are … the direct job expenses, expenses that go into the project, … but aren't related to labor or material. … You'll see, I have a lot of them already typed up in here … because they're the ones that I expect to see most often. … However, just like in the other screens, you could add … as many other types that you want … just by simply clicking right here, and enter. … Now, I'm going to put a few in here and let's say, … I need a site office. … I want to show you these calculations and how they work … and the General Expense screen versus the subcontractors, … it's a little bit different. … If I need one site office and I need it for 12 months … and it's $650, watch what happens when I hit return. … You see that, the multiplication goes across three cells, … 1 times 12 times 650. … I might think 650 is a lot for a site office. … I'm going to bring that down to $150. …
- Creating a job file
- Tracking items and common assemblies
- Building temporary and custom assemblies
- Managing material prices
- Adding direct and incidental labor costs
- Considering labor factors and escalation
- Tracking subcontractors
- Managing general expenses
- Generating quotes and bids
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Construction Estimatingwith Christopher Randall15m 22s Beginner
Construction Estimating Bid Recapwith Christopher Randall33m 4s Intermediate
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Revit 2021: Essential Training for MEPwith Eric Wing3h 17m Beginner
1. Program Overview
2. Job Takeoff
3. Extension Screen
4. Labor Screens
5. Quotes and Direct Job Expenses
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.