Learn how to enter individual material items into your estimate using the item database option.
- [Instructor] Let's hop right into some takeoff. … We want to start building a job estimate. … We start over here on the Takeoff drop-down menu. … You notice there's a lot of different types of designations, … fixtures, heating systems, controls, … distribution, and so forth. … A lot of these are either customizable assemblies … or even there's some prebuilt assemblies in here, … such as common assemblies. … Item database is what I want to select now. … Item database takes the database … right down to the granular level to individual items, … such as a piece of wire, a piece of conduit, a screw, … a wire nut, a single individual circuit breaker, … and allows you to enter them as such, as individual items. … Obviously, the program can do assemblies … in more advanced techniques, … but let's start off with the items. … Let's say, for instance, I want to go into conduit. … I left-click it, I left-click EMT, … I left-click EMT conduit. … Here you'll notice I've got a variety … of different sizes of conduit. …
- Creating a job file
- Tracking items and common assemblies
- Building temporary and custom assemblies
- Managing material prices
- Adding direct and incidental labor costs
- Considering labor factors and escalation
- Tracking subcontractors
- Managing general expenses
- Generating quotes and bids
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Construction Estimatingwith Christopher Randall15m 22s Beginner
Construction Estimating Bid Recapwith Christopher Randall33m 4s Intermediate
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Revit 2021: Essential Training for MEPwith Eric Wing3h 17m Beginner
1. Program Overview
2. Job Takeoff
3. Extension Screen
4. Labor Screens
5. Quotes and Direct Job Expenses
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.