Labor escalation allows you to input a value of escalation for your overall labor that may occur during the duration of your job. It can then calculate the number of hours that that represents.
- [Instructor] Next, we're going to talk … about the labor escalation screen. … Go down below and click on the Labor Escalation tab, … and you'll see the screen. … There's not much built into it yet. … What this screen is meant to do … is to capture any escalation of labor costs … throughout the project that you're estimating. … For instance, if a particular classification of worker … gets an anticipated raise in their paycheck, … that's where you would put this in right here. … Before we fill this in, … I want to go back to the direct labor screen real quick. … I'll click on that, … and you'll notice that I still have these composite figures … down at the bottom. … 35 79 is my composite rate, 30% is the burden, … 19.3 is the fringe. … And the composite total right over here, … the full rate, is 65 83. … That's the rate that the labor escalation we'll work with … when it makes its calculation. … So let's go back to the Labor Escalation screen. … Click on that. … And now let's say hypothetically, …
- Creating a job file
- Tracking items and common assemblies
- Building temporary and custom assemblies
- Managing material prices
- Adding direct and incidental labor costs
- Considering labor factors and escalation
- Tracking subcontractors
- Managing general expenses
- Generating quotes and bids
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Construction Estimatingwith Christopher Randall15m 22s Beginner
Construction Estimating Bid Recapwith Christopher Randall33m 4s Intermediate
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Revit 2021: Essential Training for MEPwith Eric Wing3h 17m Beginner
1. Program Overview
2. Job Takeoff
3. Extension Screen
4. Labor Screens
5. Quotes and Direct Job Expenses
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.