The subcontractor screen is another screen where you can add subcontractor prices and vendor prices associated with the job. Also, if you want to store all of your prices for a particular sub, you could right-click on the ellipsis.
- [Instructor] Now, the fun stuff. … Let's start looking at some of the sub-contractor … and expense screens. … We'll start with sub-contractors. … Click on the tab below, and you'll open up that screen. … This is the page you want to enter … any of your sub-contractors, … people who will be doing work for you, … maybe labor, maybe labor and material. … And you're going to enter and capture their costs … right here on this page. … Let's say, for instance, … I've got a small data and communications vendor. … And they're going to do $1200 worth of work for me. … I enter that, I hit okay. … You can make adjustments to that if you want. … Perhaps maybe you budgeted it and you want to add … a little bit more or a little bit less, that's fine. … This is interesting, there's a column here for tax. … Now, depending on your location, … sometimes a whole project can be taxable or non-taxable, … and the sub-contractor may be taxable or non-taxable, … the opposite of the whole job. … In this case, I'm going to add eight percent local tax …
- Creating a job file
- Tracking items and common assemblies
- Building temporary and custom assemblies
- Managing material prices
- Adding direct and incidental labor costs
- Considering labor factors and escalation
- Tracking subcontractors
- Managing general expenses
- Generating quotes and bids
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Construction Estimatingwith Christopher Randall15m 22s Beginner
Construction Estimating Bid Recapwith Christopher Randall33m 4s Intermediate
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Revit 2021: Essential Training for MEPwith Eric Wing3h 17m Beginner
1. Program Overview
2. Job Takeoff
3. Extension Screen
4. Labor Screens
5. Quotes and Direct Job Expenses
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.