Microsoft Word allows us to add the required metadata to a Word document that gets passed on to the PDF file when created. Learn how to add metadata into a Word document in this video.
- [Instructor] Throughout this chapter…I'm going to follow the similar order that I did…in the previous chapter, as far as…what steps I go through when I'm remediating a document.…And similar to when we remediated the PDF file,…one of the first things I want to do is…add the appropriate metadata to the file.…What I want to do here is add the metadata…into the Word document, so that if I have to export this…more than one time, that metadata…is always going to be included in the PDF file.…
So, I'm beginning this video with the…metadata Word file already open,…and to add metadata to this file,…I'm going to come up here to the File tab,…and you'll notice that way over here to the right…we have the properties of this file.…Now, what I'm going to do is I'm going to…click on the Show All Properties link,…and then what we're going to do is…add the appropriate information.…So the first thing, and arguably the most important,…is adding the title to the document.…
So, up here in the Title field,…I'm going to type Landon Hotels Employee Manual 2018.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.