There are times when you prefer that objects in an InDesign document are not read by assistive software. To learn how to control this, watch this video.
- [Instructor] With any designed project,…there will be elements of the design…you may not want to be read by assistive software.…These elements are often decorative images…that serve only an aesthetic purpose…and don't require an explanation.…InDesign provides several methods for us to utilize…for artifacting elements on a page.…Let me show you how this is done.…Now I have the artifacting.indd file open…on my computer.…And one of the first things I'd like to show you…is that one of the big improvements in InDesign CC 2018…is the fact that anything that you put on the master page…is automatically going to be artifacted.…
So for example if I go to my A-Master,…you can see that the footer for this page is…on the master page.…And we typically do not want the footer to be read…at the bottom of every page of our document.…The page number is controlled by Adobe Acrobat,…and so we typically artifact those elements.…And I'll say that InDesign does a pretty good job,…although it's not quite perfect utilizing that.…And I'm just going to show you what I mean here.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.