You can create a PDF file from within Adobe InDesign using several methods. Only one of those methods produces an accessible PDF file, however. See which one you should use by watching this video.
- [Instructor] Adobe InDesign provides a lot of power…and control for exporting to the accessible…PDF format and so it's important…that when we do create our PDF file…that we create it in the correct way.…Now this is probably second nature to most InDesign…users but in the past, it was pretty common…for users to generate a PDF file by going to the file…menu and choosing print and choosing the Adobe PDF…printer up here at the top.…
The reality here, is that this method,…using the print function will not pass…any accessibility information onto the PDF file.…So what we're going to do is cancel out of this…and instead of using the print function,…we're going to go to the file menu…and we're going to choose export…and I'm going to navigate to my chapter six folder…and I'll put this into the 06_01 folder…and I'll just name this file, generating.…
Now in the save as type drop down menu,…you can create an accessible PDF using…Adobe PDF interactive, or Adobe PDF print.…So I'll show you each method here,…I'm going to start with the Adobe PDF interactive.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.