When creating accessible PDF files, it’s important to consider color contrast between elements to accommodate low-vision users. See how to check contrast of elements in this video.
One of the elements to consider when creating a document…is the contrast between elements on a page.…Contrast is important for low-vision users…and ensures that there's enough contrast…between elements for that content to be easily read.…Now color contrast,…as you might recall from the Acrobat Accessibility Checker,…is something that needs to be checked manually, by a human.…The Acrobat checker is unable to verify…that there is sufficient contrast between elements.…Now along those lines, it's very important…to think about color contrast…at the beginning of the workflow.…
That is to say in, the source document,…because once the PDF file is generated,…it's much, much harder to adjust the color…of elements then it is in the source document.…So that brings us to the question, how do we ensure…that a document contains sufficient contrast?…Well, let me show you.…Now I am starting this video…with the PDF document already open,…and this document is called Contrast.PDF,…and although I just said we should check this…in the source document, I'm simply using this as an example,…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.