You can control tag order in InDesign using a few different approaches. Watch this video to see which one is best for your project.
- [Instructor] When you export to an accessible PDF file out…of InDesign, you want to make sure that the order of the tags…is appropriate to the content that you have on your pages.…Now, InDesign allows us to control the order…of those elements, but I want to show you some of the…things that could happen and some things to keep in mind.…So, if you remember, you know, here we have the Landon logo…and we have a figure and we have the text.…And, if I export this to a PDF, let me go ahead…and spit this out real quickly.…
I'm just going to call this Order.…You'll notice that if I go to my Tags pane that…we pretty much lucked out here because everything…is being exported in the correct order.…And I say we lucked out because I didn't…do anything implicitly to give InDesign direction…as far as how that is supposed to be exported.…What essentially happened is InDesign kind of looked at the…page and it went from the top left corner across, and down.…Now let me just show you like what can happen,…and I'm going to exaggerate this real quickly.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.