New in the 2018 release of Adobe InDesign, is the ability to convert objects drawn in InDesign to figures in an exported PDF file. See how in this video.
- [Instructor] In previous versions of InDesign,…objects that were drawn inside of InDesign,…such as shapes and lines and paths,…would automatically get artifacted when they were exported…to the PDF format.…And this was a bit of a problem…because a lot of times, we wanted those elements represented…as a figure, but there was no easy way…to do it inside of InDesign.…So, one of the improvements that they made…in InDesign CC 2018 is the ability…to tag objects drawn in InDesign as a figure.…
So, before I show you how to do that,…I'd like to show you the behavior…that we experience right now.…So, I have the Objects.indd file open on my computer…and I'm just going to go to the File menu and choose Export,…and I'm going to export this.…I'll just call it Objects and I'll save that into my folder.…What you're going to find is that if I go…to that page and open up the Tags pane,…when I go to the very bottom,…the very end of my section, you can see…that those items are, in fact, not tagged.…
They're no where to be found.…And if I go into the Content pane…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.