- [Instructor] A very powerful feature of Microsoft Word … and one that is very beneficial in an exported PDF file … is the ability of Word to generate a table of contents … for the contents of your word document. … That information is then passed on to the PDF … and is accessible and provides valuable navigation tools … for sighted and non-sighted users alike. … So let's take a look at how we can insert a table … of contents into our document. … So I'm going to go ahead and scroll down … to the third page of my document. … This is where I've left room for a table of contents … and you may have noticed in previous iterations … of this document, the table of contents was already there. … What I'm going to do is I'm going to click here at the top … of the page. … And I'm going to go to the references tab. … And in the table of contents button here, … you'll notice there's a number of automatically generated … table of contents that you can use. … You can also customize the table of contents as well. …
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.