Footnotes and Endnotes created in InDesign are tagged in the exported PDF file. Endnotes are automatically linked and backlinked as well. See how to use the footnote and endnote feature in InDesign by watching this video.
- [Instructor] Footnotes and endnotes are powerful tools,…because they provide supporting information…to references made throughout a document.…And fortunately, InDesign provides support…for both footnotes and endnotes now.…And those references…are passed on to the PDF and are made accessible.…In the 2018 release of InDesign CC,…you'll notice that the footnotes are now tagged…in a much better way…and the endnotes are actually also linked.…
So let's talk about how these work.…I'm going to start by going to page 19 in my document…where I'm going to put a reference.…And I'm going to start by showing you the endnotes feature.…So I want to point out that I've created a character style…called Footnote Reference that I want to use…for any references that I insert.…And I also have a footnote paragraph style…that I'm going to use to format the text of the footnote.…So let's with our footnotes first.…
I'm going to come up here to the Type menu…and I'm going to come down to Document Endnote Options.…And this is where I can control how my endnotes…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.