Bookmarks are excellent tools for navigating a PDF file and InDesign makes creating them a snap. See how in this video!
- [Instructor] Bookmarks are a powerful tool…that can aid in navigation…for both cited and non-cited users alike.…In this video, I'd like to show you how we can create…and export bookmarks out of Adobe InDesign…that will be passed on to the accessible PDF file.…It's also worth mentioning that most checkers require…and most standards require bookmarks…for compliance for that standard.…Now I'm beginning this video…with the bookmarks.indd file already open…and what I'm going to do…is I'm going to export this document to a PDF.…
And you'll notice that if I open up my bookmarks pane…that we in fact do not have any bookmarks.…So that's one of the key things…that we're trying to do here.…Now in InDesign, we actually have a bookmarks panel…that allows us to build the bookmarks…throughout our document.…So if I go to the window menu…under interactive and choose bookmarks,…you'll notice that it opens up my bookmarks panel,…I'm just going to pull that out here,…and the way that the bookmarks panel works…is that basically I can start by selecting some text…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.