Each table has to contain header cells and merged cells need special attention. Watch this video to learn how to address these issues using the Table Editor.
- [Instructor] Now that your tables are properly structured,…and if you want to verify that…you structured your tables correctly as well,…what you can do is…open up the Tags panel on the document…that we're working on here,…and if you just go down and find those tables,…you'll be able to take a look at…how I structured those tables…and compare the results with yours.…One thing I would like to do in the case of the first table…on page 17, if you go to the second row,…you're going to see that I only have two cells in here,…but there is a blank cell in that table,…and I did this on purpose…because people often look at blank cells as a bad thing,…and they aren't necessarily a problem,…but just because this cell is blank visually,…it should also be blank from an accessibility perspective,…so to fix this, I'm just going to click in this row,…right click and say New Tag,…I'm going to add a table data cell,…and it popped out of that row,…so I'm just going to drag it up there.…
And now, you can see…I have a blank cell and then the two cells within there.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.