At the end of the remediation process, you need to validate the PDF using one of several checkers and standards. Watch this video to see how this is done.
- [Instructor] Throughout this chapter,…we've done a lot of work to this document…to make it compliant, and so what I'd like to do…at this point is run the Accessibility Checker…inside of Acrobat to see where we are.…I'm going to go ahead and come down here…and click on Accessibility,…and click on the Full Check button.…When I click the Start Checking button, you're going to notice…that if you come over here to the Page Content area,…when you remediate a PDF file from scratch,…you're always going to get this error,…and this is the definition of the Tab order.…
When you remediate a file from scratch,…the tab order is not defined.…The good news, however, is that to fix this,…we simply need to right-click on it, and choose Fix.…And it just doesn't get any easier than that,…and essentially what it's doing is it's using the tag order,…right, so if we open up our Tags panel,…the order that we see in the Tags pane,…and this is something you always want to check…towards the end of the process to make sure that…everything is reading in the proper order,…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.