Learn about form accessibility concerns you should know about.
- [Instructor] Forms are used for many types … of interactions on the web. … When we talk about the accessibility of forms, … we are usually referring to their accessibility … to people who use screen readers or keyboards. … People with other types of disabilities … are generally less affected by faulty forms. … It should be noted, however, that everyone benefits … from a well organized, highly-usable form, … especially those with cognitive disabilities. … Sometimes web forms are difficult to complete, … even without visual or cognitive impairments. … So those with disabilities find web forms especially … challenging to use, … such as those with cognitive disabilities. … Improving the layout structure, instructions, and feedback … leads to better understanding and the ability … to complete web forms. … Using speech input. … Labels through voice commands are used to activate … controls and move the focus to the field … that needs to be completed. … Limited dexterity. … Forms with large clickable areas that include labels …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.