Learn about how button placement improve the form.
- [Narrator] Some things to consider … when incorporating buttons into your form design … are alignment and styling. … There are a lot of variables that come into play … when you're dealing with buttons … and actions within the form, … so there are just a few guidelines you can think about. … First of all, whatever approach you take, be consistent. … Consistency should always be the key concept … when building your application. … Once you pick some UX principle, … follow it in all parts of your application. … In regards to alignment, where you place your buttons … and actions on your form is important. … They're the most important elements on the form … since they control submission. … When you have top-aligned labels and only one button, … place your button so it aligns with the left edge. … This is beneficial to users … as it illuminates a clear path down the form. … In addition, if the user zooms in, … the button appears aligned to the form elements … and they will not have to scroll to get to it. …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.