Learn about why it's important to define who you are building a form for, making sure to ask the right questions will help you end up with the right results.
- [Instructor] Great design begins … with an understanding of who it's for. … Knowing who your audience is before building … a website, let alone a form, is crucial … to the success of your online presence … and fulfillment of any tasks that you want … the end user to accomplish. … You need to know who you are targeting … so you can ask the right questions, … offer the right call to actions at the right time. … This is why when you're designing websites … and building the interactions, you have … to start with the end in mind. … Figure out who you're talking to. … What do they care about? … What do they want from your website, … and what functionality does the site need to offer them? … So how can you target the right customers online? … In addition to knowing your audience's demographics, … things like age, gender, location et cetera, … you need to discover what makes them tick. … Who are they, what drives them? … What are their beliefs and values? … Which other companies are they buying from? …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.