Learn about how to best design and set up a booking or registration form.
- [Instructor] Booking forms help reserve … travel, accommodations, and tickets for a holiday, … a hotel room, or a foreign event. … Travelers today expect the companies … provide them with an opportunity to book online. … They want to book when they want and how they want, … and not be inconvenienced by having to make a phone call … or even send an email. … Whether the traveler is using a mobile device … or a desktop computer, they want to be able to … make their reservations online. … If you run this type of business, … then a successful booking form is critical. … These are some things that you can do … to ensure a seamless process with visitors. … Use a clear call to action. … For those who are ready, willing, and excited … to book one of your tours, the button is simple. … A clear, large, and perfectly placed book now button … will allow them to book a tour or activity that they prefer. … With a well-designed button in the perfect spot on the page, … you will see an increase in visitor conversion rates. …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.