Learn about how to best design and set up a contact form.
- [Instructor] Did you know that for many sites … the contact page gets more views than any other section? … It's true, especially for agencies and contractors. … While many sites throw up a Contact Us page … as a quick afterthought, you should be dedicating a lot … more time and care to your contact form … because it's a way users can get in touch with you … and the beginning of your relationship … with potential customers. … A contact form helps users reach out to you … at any time while visiting your website. … Unlike social media, contact forms allow users … to communicate with you privately, which builds confidence … and closes sales. … When you're building contact forms, … you'll want to avoid unnecessary fields. … You can add as many fields to your contact form as you like, … however each additional field that you add … to your contact form makes it more time consuming … for your users to fill them out. … That's why I recommend keeping your contact form fields … to a minimum and only add fields that truly help you …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.