Why are users filling out your form? What is their relationship to the organization? Making sure to set the user expectations up front will help to have a successful form experience for end users.
- [Instructor] People who use your app or site … have a particular goal in mind. … Often, the one thing that is standing between the user … and his or her goal is a form. … Forms still remain one of the most important types … of interaction for users on the web and in apps. … In fact, forms are often considered to be the final step … of the journey to the completion of goals. … When building websites and forms, … make the design useful for users, … which means create an interface that is easy … and fun to use and doesn't pose complications. … This is especially true when considering forms. … We need to make sure that we are meeting … the user's expectations by creating an interface … that adds something to their lives and makes it easier. … In order to achieve a better customer experience, … a website must provide a better user experience. … User experience is ultimately part of what paves the way … for a great customer experience, … which is more comprehensive. … When it comes to usability and user experience, …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.