Learn about fundamental form-related goals and principles.
- [Narrator] Effective web forms … include five key components. … Structure, this includes how you order the fields, … arrange the form layout and connect between fields. … Ordering the form logically … will result in an easy, frictionless user experience … that leads to greater conversions. … Input fields, these areas ask for user data, … such as text fields, password fields, … check boxes, radio buttons and sliders. … Field labels, these tell the user … what's required from an input field. … Action buttons, if the user presses the button … an action will occur. … For instance, the data will be submitted. … And finally, feedback. … This sort of interaction tells the user … the result of their input. … It can be an affirmative like, thanks for signing up, … or a corrective like, this entry doesn't look right. … This also includes any sort of assistance … or entry validation to facilitate the process. … If the web form is well arranged … and includes the necessary elements, … it'll be both functional and easy to use. …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.