Learn about how theme headers and fieldsets to group tasks, improves the experience.
- [Instructor] Once you've decided on your questions, … it's time to organize them. … If your form has more than six fields, … it's considered good practice to group questions … into logical sections or steps. … You should group related information together. … This is basically applying content strategy to your forms. … Put things together that make sense together. … Arrange them into groups and subgroups with a theme header … that holds them together, … things like contacts' details, work experience, et cetera. … This is extremely important on longer forms. … If the form has a complicated structure, … like a checkout phase in an online store, … or a registration phase in a credit platform, … then it can be visually divided into semantic groups … with white space or in-between headlines added … to break up the content. … This is going to give the user a feeling that they're making … progress through the form without being overwhelmed. … Sort your questions into manageable chunks. … When you have a long form, you are likely asking questions …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.