Learn about how to best design and set up a login form.
- [Instructor] A login form is a door that users must open … in order to get the best out of their experience … with a website. … It's the starting point of navigating a website … in a personalized manner. … By creating an account on a website, you get to customize … some aspects of your experience with the site … and get access to membership benefits. … Signup is the last thing users want to do. … Generally, users are not willing to sign up … until they see value in doing so. … Clearly defining the value proposition of filling out … the form and having the message crisp and sharp … will help users to see the value in signing up. … Login interaction design is simple on the surface. … There are however quite a number of elements … that contribute to the final design considerations … for a user login form. … When they're all combined things can quickly … get complicated. … Here's a sample of the factors to consider: … security, previous user experience, site legacy procedures, … internal business processes, page interface design, …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.