Learn about how to best design and set up a payment form.
- [Narrator] Companies today know that sleek, efficient … online payment forms are extremely important. … After all, these forms are digital versions … of the customer checkout experience … and you can do a lot with them. … You can create order forms, donation forms, … event registration forms and more. … The possibilities are endless. … A shocking 70% of online shopping carts are abandoned, … which means that something went wrong. … Although we can't control a consumer's change of mind, … we can help the payment form to be more effective. … If your payment forms present too many obstacles, … people will want to abandon your form, … which results in loss of trust and fewer sales. … People like convenience. … Have an appealing design. … Forms shouldn't look shoddy, bootleg, or amateur. … Especially since many forms require users to enter … sensitive information like their credit card information. … Forms need to convey trust. … They should be clear and easy to understand … and should have a logical information path. …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.