Get an overview and definitions of various form types.
- [Narrator] Online forms are one of the easiest ways … to collect user information … and make premium content exclusive. … Almost every website uses some sort of form. … Whether it's to capture lead data, … gate premium content, or facilitate event registration. … Users who visit your website can sometimes become annoyed … by forms that ask for personal information. … On the other hand, the right form … that shows up at the right time in a relevant context … can increase engagement rates … and open up a dialogue with new prospects. … Online forms are an incredible tool … for B2B lead generation. … They can be utilized in various ways, … allowing you to get the information you need … to build a database that you can use … for the distribution of your marketing communications. … Online forms make everything easier. … They allow prospects to leave a message … that you can respond to at your own convenience. … Sure, it's important to respond quickly, … but most organizations don't have the resources …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.