Learn what the basic inputs are and how they differ. These are the building blocks for forms and are important for use to interact with your user.
- [Instructor] Forms are comprised of many different types … of input fields, these include text fields, password fields, … check boxes, radio buttons, sliders and other fields … designed for user input. … You will utilize various types so that you can help the … end user facilitate their purpose … for interacting with you via the form. … Let's look at what some of the different input types are. … This form is primarily built using input fields. … Input fields provide people a way to answer a question … that we ask, they also provide an opportunity … to help people with their answers. … The way we display input fields can produce valuable clues … on how they should be filled in. … Human factor professionals call these clues affordances. … An affordance should provide a valuable clue … on how to structure answers and people naturally consider … these clues when they're thinking about how to … fill in an input field. … If the input field is arbitrarily sized you may leave … people thinking about what that means for no reason. …
- Why form design matters
- Incorporating visual information
- Selecting colors for web forms
- Designating types of inputs
- Grouping and sequencing questions
- Helping with predictive search
- Showing validation and success messages
- Addressing errors
- Designing forms for mobile screens
- Leveraging boxes, buttons, and tabs
- Adding CAPTCHA to forms
- Accessibility considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Styling Form Elementswith Chris Converse39m 34s Beginner
Careers in Web Design and Developmentwith Jen Kramer27m 55s Intermediate
1. Forms Are for Everyone
2. Form Organization
3. Organizing Content
4. Guiding Users Through the Form
5. Actions and Buttons
Alignment and styling3m 24s
6. Form Visuals
7. Specific Form Type Tips
8. Common Form Needs and Considerations
Next steps2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.