Learn about the course structure and how to use the exercise files.
- [Instructor] This workshop is part of my Motion Graphic Design course. It focuses on creating storyboards and animatics for motion graphics. We'll use several different applications in this workshop. And if you have access to the exercise files, you can open these and follow along. And you'll see there are lots of different application files in here. We've got AfterEffects projects, Illustrator files, we've got images of various different kinds, PNGs, JPEGs. We've also got Cinema 4D files.
Not all of the movies have exercise files. Some of them are just for watching. In the movies that have associated exercise files, I'll make sure to tell you where to get them. I recommend that you copy the entire exercise files folder to your hard drive and work from there. Now if you do that, you may find that After Effects, in particular, maybe loses the link to some of your files. I'm going to show you how to fix those missing file warnings that you can sometimes get in After Effects. So if you see this warning, just click OK and then go over to the project panel and type in the word missing.
It will then highlight the missing files and all you need to do is double-click on those, and locate the missing file. And most of the files will be in the folder named footage. So if we open that, and then go into our images folder, we should find the Scissors_Layers file there. And as soon as I click open, it will re-link all of the files that are in the same relative path. So that's how to fix any missing file warnings that you may get. So I hope you enjoy the course.
If you don't have access to the exercise files, of course you can still watch and follow along. And I recommend that you use the techniques that you learn here on your own creative projects.
- Drawing digitally with the Adobe iOS apps
- Getting ideas down quickly with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Adding audio, animation, and effects with Premiere Pro
- Using Dynamic Link with After Effects
- Reviewing and approval the final animatic with Frame IO