- [Instructor] Now let's bring in our geometry.…First, let's bring in the new shed model.…So let's go to the File…Import.…Locate our shed object.…Just double click that.…And then let's bring in our window.…Let's go up to File…Import…locate our window object…and just double click that.…Now let's change the shading mode to wireframe.…So what I did to place the window…was I made the front of the shed a live object…and then built my window right on the front of the shed.…
Now let's just check to see if our shot looks good.…So when we render our scene out…all we really need is the window.…But we do need a shadow catcher for the front wall.…So we can use the shed as the shadow catcher.…But we don't need all of the geometry from the shed…we just need the front wall.…So let's select the front wall…and delete the rest of the geometry.…So let's go into face mode.…
And we'll click that front face.…And then we're going to go up to Select…Inverse…and click Delete.…So now we just have the front wall.…But we don't want a shadow catcher behind the glass…
- Exporting cameras to Maya and After Effects
- Importing models
- Setting up scenes for compositing
- Setting your color space
- Using 3D in After Effects to add a change
- Connecting all of your shots
- Rendering final composites
Skill Level Advanced
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Digital Set Extensionwith Lee Lanier1h 47m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 34m Beginner
1. Exporting Cameras to Maya and After Effects
Exporting from SynthEyes7m 29s
2. Working in Maya
3. Compositing in After Effects
4. Using 3D in Cinema 4D Lite to Add a Change
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.