- Understanding aspect ratio and frame rates
- Developing your film grammar
- Storyboarding transitions
- Storyboarding live action vs. animation
- Creating a finished sequence
- Building animatics and layouts
- Character development
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Animation Foundations: Storyboarding. I'm Dermot O'Connor. In this course, I'll show you the principles of storyboarding. We'll see how a story is constructed from acts and sequences. We'll see film grammar, how to position the camera to convey a character, and how to transition between shots using fades, wipes, and cuts. We'll also see how to compose camera angles from a bird's-eye view to a worm's-eye view, and everything in between. We'll even look at lighting and how everyday scenes can be made dramatic. I'll show you the common pitfalls to avoid and we'll finish with our fist animatic.
So let's get started with Animation Foundations: Storyboarding.