- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Narrator] Welcome to Social Media Promotion For Musicians, Artists, and Engineers. I'm Bobby Owsinksi, and I'm the author of 24 books on music, the music business, social media, music recording and production. These books are used in university programs all over the world. What you'll learn in this course is a little bit from a few of them and a lot from my personal experiences online. I've been using various social media services and online methods to promote my brand, my books, and courses, and my mixing and production work for well over 10 years.
I've experienced a lot of the good things that online promotion can bring you, and I've made some mistakes along the way that hopefully I can help you avoid. Be aware that this course focuses on promotion and marketing online, whether it's your music, your merch, or your brand. I'm going to assume that you've been using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram at least a little bit already. We'll go a bit more in depth with your website and mailing list, but it really helps if you have that kind of online presence already.
Be aware that just using a platform isn't the same thing as using it for promotion or marketing, as you'll see. What we want to optimize is your presence on these platforms to increase your fan base and make them more aware of your music, products, and services. So, buckle up as we do our deep dive into online marketing for musicians.
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.