- Setting up a facilities drawing
- Managing XREF layers
- Adjusting drawing units and limits
- Using polylines
- Defining areas
- Annotating areas
- Setting up area table styles
- Finding and linking area data
- Exporting area table data
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Welcome to this lynda.com AutoCAD Facilities Management Areas course. So what we're going to be teaching you here are the basics of using AutoCAD for facilities management, or FM for short. Now there's a lot of facilities and tools and features in AutoCAD that allow you to develop your facilities management drawings by way of calculating the areas of those spaces, and then annotating the areas of those spaces by way of AutoCAD tables, for example.
The whole idea of this course is a nice, short, concise course that takes you through how to work with those areas. So let's get going now, and let's get you working with AutoCAD and facilities management. And we'll take you through the areas course, so that you know how to manage your facilities areas by the time you come to the end of the course.
1. Introduction to FM
2. Setting Up a Facilities Drawing
Managing XREF layers3m 55s
3. Getting Your FM Settings Right
4. Areas and Polylines
5. Defining Areas
6. Annotating Areas
7. Setting Up an Area Table Style
8. Using the Area Table
9. Exporting the Area Table Data
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.